Hello my name is Mamood and I am an experienced and qualified UKCP Clinical Hypnotherapist, Hypno-Psychotherapist, Psychotherapist and member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy.
Many people experience sexual difficulties at some point during their life, sometimes these problems will resolve themselves but if they don’t then professional help may be required. Sexual difficulties can occur early in an individual’s life, develop suddenly after a previously satisfying sex life or develop gradually. It is important that physical factors are ruled out before hypnotherapy and psychotherapy is sought, so consulting your GP should be your first step.
I have particular experience in the application of Hypno-Psychotherapy in sexual dysfunctions which may be addressed by therapy include non-consummation, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, low libido, sexual addiction(including cybersex), painful sex, phobia, or a lack of sexual confidence, assisting people who are recovering from sexual assault, problems commonly caused by stress, tiredness, and other environmental and relationship factors.
This is offered in a confidential and safe settings where the content and pace of therapy is client led. Please note that detailed elaboration of issues and future changes needed are not necessary, unless you wish to, as hypnotherapy can be used “content free” by using your inner resources and imagination.
Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy should also help in identifying and resolve the root cause of the problem, triggers and emotions involved that can become blockers. Ultimately the goal is to both successfully remediated sexual dysfunction and underlying psychological causes when necessary.
Broad formulation of treatment will factor in some of the following:
- Understanding of any “intrapsychic” conflicts such as trauma
- Assumptions about sex and sexuality including personal background
- Feelings and emotions such as morals, anger, shame and guilt
- Expectations, thoughts, feelings and behaviors associated with sexuality today
- Relationships experiences including attachments and desires for close relationships
- Emotional factors associated with non-sexual relationships and events
Hypno-Psychotherapy treatments are individualized and could include:
- Systematic desensitization to overcome difficult past/future states
- Treatment of Performance Anxiety
- Direct and indirect (including metaphors) suggestions appropriate to the individual changes desired
- Reviewing and resolving significant experiences. Note that resolution of cause is not a necessary component of therapy
- Stress, Self Esteem and Depression Psychotherapy
- Self “Auto-cued” Relaxation & Anxiety reduction
- Cognitive Therapy associated with replacing negative with positive thoughts as well as focus on what “can be done” vs. “what cannot”
- Solutioning & Homework emphasised action
- Behavioural – Traditional techniques to overcome sexual issues such as those used by Sex therapists
Whether you are ready to book a first session or have any questions you can contact me here. I offer value for money Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (£45 per session) but rest assured this does not mean less experience, qualifications or service levels.Useful refrences to evidence based treatment of non-physical treatment success using Hypnosis include: Aydin, S., et al. “Efficacy of hypnotic suggestion in the treatment of non‐organic male sexual dysfunction.” British journal of urology 77.2 (1996): 256-260.